Traders can now open decentralized futures positions with up to 100x leverage - one of the highest in the market - using USDC as collateral. We are proud to be pioneering the way for the decentralized derivatives market by being the first cross-chain DEX to fully support quarterly futures.
How to participate
To participate in the competition, follow the instructions below. All steps must be completed for eligibility in the trading competition.
- Create a wallet on Demex
- Once your wallet has been created, follow the instructions here to register for the competition.
- Make a successful futures trade on Demex for the ETHUSD and/or BTCUSD futures market expiring on 24 September 2021. Only trading volume for these 2 markets will be considered for the competition.
You can view your position in our competition leaderboard anytime during the competition!
The competition will take place over 21 days, starting from 29 June 2021, 11:00am UTC to 19 July 2021, 11:00am UTC.
Traders will be ranked according to trading volume only for the ETH and BTC futures markets with the 24 September 2021 contract expiry.
The top 20 traders will share from a prize pool of $120K USD!
To ensure liquid orderbooks for tight spreads and low slippage, an additional incentive will be implemented for market makers who provide liquidity on Demex, even if their trade order does not get fulfilled.
How it works: Every $100 of liquidity provided by market makers that stays within 1% of the mid price (difference in best price of seller and buyer) for each 1 minute interval will be equivalent to a trading volume of $1 (1% of liquidity provided).
To illustrate, if Bob submits a ETH/USD futures buy order with 1 ETH for $1,950 and the order stays within 1% of the current mid price at $2,000 for 5m30s (i.e. the order is not filled for a duration of 5 minutes 30 seconds), it will be as if Bob has traded $100 (1% x $2,000 x 5minutes) even though his order did not actually contribute to trading volume. If his full order gets filled eventually (in the next minute), the trading volume will also be counted, making his total trading volume $2,050 ($100 + $1,950).
If Bob’s order stays on the order book for more than 5m30s, his equivalent trading volume will increase accordingly per minute, assuming the order remains within 1% of the mid price.
*Snapshot is taken at precisely every minute. If order is placed at 8:00:01 AM and closed at 8:00:59 AM, it will not be counted
Fees for futures markets include:
Taker fees: 0.06%
Maker fees: -0.02% (rebates)
Transaction fees: 1 SWTH
Full contract specifications of the ETH and BTC futures markets can be found here.
A total of $120k USD is up for grabs!
1st place: Tesla Model 3 (retail price of $40k USD)*
2nd place: $25,000
3rd place: $15,000
4th place: $10,000
5th place: $5,000
6th-10th place: Equal share of $15,000 prize pool ($3000 each)
11th-20th place: Equal share of $10,000 prize pool ($1000 each)
Winners will be contacted via Twitter DM by the Switcheo team and prizes will be distributed within 90 days of the end of the competition (with the exception of the Tesla Model 3).
May the best trader win!
Terms and conditions*
- Switcheo reserves the right to amend any competition rule, guideline or activity at our sole discretion
- The purchase of the Tesla Model 3 does not include taxes, fees and shipping
- The Tesla Model 3 will be purchased by Switcheo at a maximum retail price of $40k USD
- Switcheo supports replacing the Tesla Model 3 prize with an equivalent reward of $40k USDC
- Prizes will be paid out in USDC to the winners Switcheo TradeHub addresses
- Tesla image used for illustration purposes only
- All personal data collected will be kept strictly confidential
- Countries restricted from participating in this campaign include: US, Angola, Central African Republic, Côte d'Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Libya, Mali, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Sudan, South Sudan, Haiti, Afghanistan, North Korea, Iran, Kuwait, Lebanon, Yemen
- Switcheo reserves the right to disqualify trades that are deemed fraudulent at our sole discretion
- Each individual is only allowed to trade under one account. Users found to submit duplicate entries will be disqualified from the competition