- Launch of Switcheo Research
In early August, Switcheo Research was launched with the aim of helping both crypto natives and novices better navigate and make sense of the increasingly complex crypto landscape. The first series of articles (6 to date!) focused on analysing protocols within the Cosmos ecosystem that Switcheo TradeHub is also a part of. The articles explore project fundamentals, tokenomics, use-cases and much more.
2. Switcheo TradeHub v1.19.0 Node Software Upgrade
The Switcheo TradeHub v1.19.0 Node Software Upgrade was executed on 14 August and included several improvements and changes to the protocol.
- Add lot_size and tick_size attributes to UpdateMarketProposal and UpdateMarketMsg
- AddOrder and UpdateLeverage now uses a new margin allocation procedure
- Whenever an order is added or leverage adjusted, margins for all orders on the same address and market will be fully reallocated, cancelling orders in reverse match priority order, if there is insufficient available margin
API Node Changes:
- Improve performance of GET msg_types query.
- Fix an issue where ADL priority is incorrect, and inappropriate orders are deleveraged
- Fix an issue where liquidation engine tries to do updates even when there is no need for any changes
For a full list of proposals, do check out the Switcheo TradeHub Forum here.
3. Demex UI Updates
The layer 2 cross-chain trading platform saw several improvements in August to further elevate user experience on the platform. Aside from tweaks and fixes to the interface, a new PNL leaderboard feature was also implemented to showcase the top gainers and losers on the platform, complete with a function to share any position on Twitter!
👀Have you spotted the new UI updates on #Demex?— Demex (@demexchange) August 13, 2021
👾 Exchange history
🙌 Incoming deposit notifications
🏆 Leaderboard (new!)
💰 Wallet balance fixes
💦 Liquidity pool loading fixes
✅ Keplr & Ledger wallet automagical login
📄 Order form fixes https://t.co/LoMo5Xyjw6
More exciting features and updates are set to go live on Demex in the coming months, so do keep an eye out for it!
4. Addition of LKT/USDC Market
Switcheo TradeHub also saw the addition of the LKT/USDC market on the protocol coupled with its own native liquidity pool that liquidity providers can earn over 100% APR in.
Locklet Finance (LKT) is the world’s first decentralized, multi-chain vesting platform that enables project owners to vest tokens on the platform in a secure manner.
5. August Rewards Distributed
Rewards distributed in the month of August amounted to over 31,300,000 SWTH and comprised other tokens such as USDC, ETH, CEL, NEX and BNB.
Switcheo is a protocol and software development entity focused on building groundbreaking platforms and blockchain solutions that pave the way for a decentralized future. Its flagship protocol, Switcheo TradeHub, is a layer 2 cross-chain protocol designed for high-performance trading of any asset, at scale. Traders can deposit tokens from various L1 chains to trade on Demex, a 2nd-generation DEX that runs on the Switcheo TradeHub protocol.
For more information on Switcheo: